Seray ÖzsoyPartner / Counsel
Marmara University, Faculty of Law, LLB
Seray Özsoy is a Partner/Counsel at Kılınç Law & Consulting and heads the firm’s
- Capital Markets,
- Competition Law,
- M&A and
Seray Özsoy predominantly specializes in commercial and corporate law, capital markets, legal dispute resolution and project & finance as well as an extensive experience in national and international projects in the fields of mergers and acquisitions and competition law.
Her clients consist of natural and legal persons of domestic and foreign origin, holding companies and various company structures specialized in sectoral fields, operating in various sectors including trade, energy, construction, real estate, finance, investment and capital markets.
Seray Özsoy provides legal and advisory services to her clients within the relevant departments in national and international fields. She also provides services with trading, selling, pledge, leasing, distributorship, affiliation with the related sector, in particular with shareholders agreements (“SHA”) and share purchase agreement (“SPA”). She has legal experience in the preparation of typical and a-typical contracts in different fields as well as procurement, franchise, service and management contracts and the management of negotiation processes.
- Provided litigation and legal consultancy services to companies operating in the fields of energy, construction, food, sports and health in the case of legal disputes on a sectoral basis.
- Provided legal proceedings and legal consultancy services for the follow-up of permission processes in related institutions, preparation of sponsorship agreements, type of partnership types, preparation of general assembly and board decisions of publicly-held companies, and legal proceedings related to the transactions carried out for the companies which one of the major sports clubs in Turkey is the shareholder of.
- Advised one of the major international companies operating in Aviation sector on the company establishment procedures for its subsidiaries in Turkey, organized the import and operation of the aircraft in Turkey and oversaw all of the permit and licensing procedures before relevant institutions and advised the company on the preparation of the documentation.
- Advised on the establishment of a company structure that will operate in the field of maritime agency and provided all necessary legal services for the company to start its operational process.
- Provided legal support to companies and organizations regarding their investments in local markets and provided legal consultancy services regarding the operational processes in which the related projects were completed during the initial phase of the structures including shopping malls, complex living, commercial and residential areas.
- Provided legal and litigation consultancy services regarding the violation of trademark rights of leading companies in the field of cleaning and hygiene, imitation of products and unfair competition arising from similar violations.
- Provided consultancy services to the companies on the issues related to the operations of the companies in their daily operational processes.
- Acted as the legal representative of companies, executives and employees and provided legal advice on the daily legal problems of the companies.
- In the process of mergers and acquisitions of clients, Ms. Özsoy has played an active role in the preparation of the relevant documentation and the settlement of the related documents by managing the necessary permits and application processes throughout the process, from the initial stage to the establishment of the companies and partnership structure and the closing process. In this context, she provided legal advice by making the necessary legal recommendations.
- Worked on the acquisition of complex structures in the field of tourism and textile, and the management of investment projects with multiple partnerships.
- Provided legal advice to small, medium and large businesses and companies in litigation, licensing and distributorship matters in various fields such as trade, real estate, intellectual property (including copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets).
- Managed the permits and application processes to be made before public institutions and organizations, represented the tenderers and bidders in the tenders, prepared the necessary tender documentation, and served as M&A legal consultant in factory, resource or asset / asset purchase and sale projects.
- Provided legal support to her clients regarding the daily operational problems that arise between them and dealers, employees, customers and business partners, and provided legal support and consultancy services for the formation of organizational charts and the establishment of joint committees affiliated with holding companies.