Media and Entertainment Law
Media and Entertainment Law, with the rapid development of technology, the diverse and numerous leaps of entertainment, media and advertising industry have transformed with its components and is developing rapidly every day. As Kılınç Law and Consulting, we are providing services to different businesses with our expert lawyers especially to printed, visual and digital press and broadcasting organizations and their employees, artists, cinema, theatre and television actors and producers, music composers and singers, directors and screenwriters, television and radio channels, cable or digital broadcasting platforms, newspapers, magazines, publishing houses, movie, music, production businesses, managers, advertising agencies, advertising companies and other operations, companies, institutions and individuals operating within the media and entertainment sector.
The Media and Entertainment Law Department mainly focuses on 5 (five) sub-topics:
- Advertisement Law,
- Digital Media
- Media Agreements,
- Press and Broadcast Law
- Internet Law.
Kılınç Law & Consulting provides legal services to a wide range of players in the advertising, internet and media industry. In this context, legal consultancy services are provided for;
- Advertisement Law Regulations, Regulatory Developments in the Advertising Sector, Ensuring the Compliance of Cookie Policies and Advertising Data in Internet Advertising,
- Follow-up of conflicts on Broadcasting Copyrights, Personal Rights, and Online Disputes in Digital Media (Including Social Media),
- Following up processes within the scope of Digital Rights Management Consultancy, Financing in Media and Advertising Sector, Intellectual Property Law, New Media, Digital Media, Online Entertainment, Internet-Based Consumer Products, Trademarks and Copyright,
- Providing legal services to clients on preparation and examination of agreements and execution of negotiation processes for all of the media related agreements required in the sector; including Co-Production Agreements, Broadcast Agreements, Movie Rights Agreement, Songwriter Agreement, Artist Agreement, Digital Marketing Agreement, Advertising and Promotion Cooperation Agreements, Distribution Agreement, Synchronization Agreement, Talent Agreement, Supplier Agreements, Newspaper, Radio Agreements, Social Media Agreements, Registration Agreement, Sponsorship Agreement, Organization Agreements, Promotion Agreements, Production, Co-Production and Post Production Agreements, Video Game Agreements, Trademark and Copyright License Agreements.
- Examination and audit of commercial films in order to ensure legal compliance within the scope of the Turkish Advertising Legislation on a sectoral basis and according to the medium in which they will be published in,
- Providing legal assistance in publishing and media strategies for international companies in Turkey,
- Periodic monitoring of Supreme Board of Radio and Television applications and press releases,
- In addition to providing legal assistance to gaming companies, providing a full legal analysis and assistance for websites that are localized in Turkey.
- Follow-up of commercial operations and transactions, including establishment of joint ventures and investments, share transfers, mergers and acquisitions, understanding and cooperation agreements to be realized in the advertising, media and entertainment sectors; preparation of legal opinions,
- Execution of compliance processes regarding changing legislation, application and follow-up procedures before administrative institutions and organizations, management of complaints and litigation processes arising from contractual disputes within the framework of intellectual property law, consumer law and advertising law etc.,